THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Gillian Martin,
Tel: 07923 983 473
You are summoned to attend the meeting of Thursby Parish Council to be held on
Tuesday 20th October 2020 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm in the below virtual meeting room to transact the business contained in the attached agenda.
Meeting Room Location and Joining Details:
Topic: Parish council 20
Time: Oct 20, 2020 07:30 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 850 2532 7770
One tap mobile
+441314601196,,85025327770#,,,,,,0#,,140284# United Kingdom
+442030512874,,85025327770#,,,,,,0#,,140284# United Kingdom
Dial by your location
+44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom
+44 203 051 2874 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5237 United Kingdom
+44 203 481 5240 United Kingdom
+44 203 901 7895 United Kingdom
Meeting ID: 850 2532 7770
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdBPI9tQ08
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
- Apologies – Clerk to receiveand noteapologies for absence
- Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
- Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest
- Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 29th September 2020.
- Progress Update
- Circulated dates to councillors for Police and Crime Commissioner Focus Group discussions
- Contacted Thursby Hall Committee about Hall insurance and item in Thursby’s Throstle and circulated response
- Contacted ABC to chase up response to LSC allocation
- Contacted Mike Johnson to chase up response to blocked drains on Curthwaite Road.
- Grass cutting tender advertised on noticeboards
- Contacted police about ASB questionnaire and circulated response
- Parish Council Grant Policy and procedure advertised
- Contacted CALC with training queries and circulated response to councillors
- Vacancies on Thursby Parish Council advertised
- Contacted St Andrews Church regarding overhanging tree branches
- Contacted Cumbria County Council to report overhanging trees in 3 locations in Thursby village
- Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
- Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest
- County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information
- External Bodies Report – For information
- Payment of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments:-
- Clerks September £352.27 (SO)
- HMRC September £88.00 (SO)
- Clerks expenses October £ 13.50
- Tivoli Grounds maintenance September £510
- Royal British Legion £50.00
- PKF Accountants Limited Assurance Review £240.00
- Approval of Financial Statement as at 31st August 2020
Approval of Financial Statement as at 30th September 2020
- AGAR Notice of Conclusion of Audit – councillors to note conclusion of audit and approve charge of £1.00 for copies of accounts provided upon request
- Thursby Toddlers – councillors to decide on response and any action to Hall Committee communication advising of folding of Thursby Toddler Group and £262.50 remaining grant from Parish Council currently held by Parish Hall for room hire.
- Budget Planning process – councillors to consider and approve the circulated budget for the next financial year
- Grass cutting contract – councillors to approve the specification circulated and in accordance with procurement standing orders approve the advertising of the contract in the Cumberland News for one week for £147.89.
- Broadband Upgrade Funding – councillors to consider any further action
- Grant Applications – councillors to consider any applications for grants made under s137
- Sports and Recreation Committee – councillors to consider the grant application process circulated for the Sports and Recreation Committee and any application made.
- Focus Groups about policing in Cumbria – councillors to consider two dates for joining focus group discussions – Wednesday 4th November at 1.30-2.30pm or Monday 9th November 12.00 to 1pm.
- Gullys and Drainage – councillors to considerwhat action to take
- Training requirements – councillors to consider what action to take
- Progress Reports for information reflecting the priorities of the Community led plan:-
- Housing issues – Story’s development proposal
- Community amenities – Thursby Parish Hall
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas.
- Correspondence received and Circulated by the Clerk :
|5.09.2020||NHS Public Consultation, COVID 19- 2 households advice, Police Covid 19 update, Footpath repair from Shawk Crescent details , Clear Air Day information 8th October , Grass Cutting Spec v3, card payment for grass cutting advert,|
|08.09.2020||Vacancy for CALC Parish Support Officer, Vacancy for Clerk at Bowness on Solway, Response from Police about street safe questionnaire, Allerdale and Copeland Newsletter, Allerdale District CALC AGM notes|
|12.09.2020||Response from Parish Hall Committee, North Cumbria CCG Flu Jab info, Health and Care sector funding details for those struggling, Police Covid 19 update|
- Dates of Future Parish Surgeries – councillors to approve date for future telephone surgery to be held by the clerk on Wednesday 18th November 2020 10am to 11am
- Date of the next Parish Council meeting – 7.30pm 24th November 2020
Virtual Meeting Protocol
Please ensure with any personal IT used, that your anti-virus software and computer has been updated fully as no liability will be accepted by the Council for any malicious acts/viruses etc. when using this third-party system. Telephone charges are dependent on your telephone contract (i.e. if you have inclusive minutes within your contract). Please note that Thursby Parish Council accept no responsibility or liability for any charges incurred by any attendee joining this call.