Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Tel No 07795484126
Thursby Parish Council meeting
Tuesday 19th November
Minutes of meeting
Council Members: Cllrs Wendy Bowe (Chair) Myra Armstrong (deputy chair), Mike Rorke, Peter Hunter, Chris Haig Prothero, Ray McCreadie and Ewan Hall.
Cumbria County Council:
Allerdale Borough Councillor: Cllr Vaughan Hodgson
Members of the public: None
Parish Clerk: Jeff Downham
124/11/19 – Apologies – Cllr Helen Barlow
125/11/19 – Declaration of interests – Cllr Hunter on payment of accounts.
126/11/19 – Dispensations – None
127/11/19 – Minutes of previous meeting – The minutes of the meetings of the 23rd October 2019 were discussed, and the council resolved to sign them as being a true record of the meeting.
128/11/19 – Chairs announcements – The chair announced that new clerk had been appointed with a starting date not yet having been agreed.
129/11/19 – Public participation – No members of the public present.
130/11/19 – Reports from: –
Cumbria County Council – No report
Allerdale Borough Council – Cllr Hodgson reported that the resumption of recycled waste collections was now back to normal and stated that Allerdale BC had made the decision to bring the service back in house as from spring 2020. A discussion was had regarding the planning application on Church Road, and he agreed that he would speak on behalf of the community at the forthcoming planning committee hearing, that date having not yet been circulated. Councillors resolved to circulate a public meeting date to be held in the parish hall for members of the public who wished to object to the application at the planning committee meeting, the time and date of that meeting to be circulated in the Throstle.
131/11/19 – Council website – The meeting to discuss updating the current council website has not yet taken place, councillors resolved to circulate some proposed dates for this meeting to take place prior to the December council meeting.
132/11/19 – Village signage – Councillors have completed a walkabout of the village to identify suitable locations for signs to the jubilee field, that information has been submitted to Cumbria Highways who have suggested that they may be able to install suitable signs on behalf of the parish council.
133/11/19 – Feedback from Allerdale CALC meeting: –
• Allerdale grit bins – Allerdale own several grit bins in the parish including the one on low Road that is damaged, this has been reported to ABC for replacement.
• Allerdale local plan (part 2) Main Modifications – Thursby is listed in this document as a service centre even though its shop no longer exists, a request has been made to the planning authority to have Thursby reclassified in light of the lack of a service in the village, which would have implications on future planning policy for Thursby.
• Footway lighting – Allerdale BC are currently looking to devolve responsibility for the energy costs for streetlighting across Allerdale in 2021 to town and parish councils, no figures are yet available as to the likely cost of this per parish but councillors resolved to include in future budget planning an allocation for streetlighting to cover this cost.
134/11/19 – Wigton baths – Councillors discussed a grant for Wigton baths and resolved to donate a sum of £180
135/11/19 – Budget setting 2020-21 – Councillors approved the budget headings for the next financial year and agreed there should be no increase on the precept for the next financial year.
136/11/19 – Clerks report on actions not covered on the agenda
The clerk outlined to the council an update on actions from the previous meetings and a report of his activities since the council last met in October. An estimate of the cost to repair the road surface at the entrance to the jubilee field was discussed at a cost of £200 with the council resolving to go ahead with this.
The memorandum of agreement between the parish council and Cumbria Highways has now been approved to install a new public seat by the green, with that having now been passed to the County Council Street Works team for installation. The railings adjacaent to where the seat will be installed have now been painted with the approval of the parish council.
Six letters of appreciation have been received from recipients of the parish council grants.
137/11/19 – Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the Community Led Plan.
• Health and Wellbeing – No report
• Environment – No report
• Housing Issues – Several issues remain unresolved regarding St Andrews View about streetlighting, the reinstatement of a hedge and the sustainable drainage system, Cllr McCreadie resolved to raise these with Story Homes together with a site adoption date.
• Community amenities –
Parish Hall – The hall committee met on the 18th November and were pleased that the trees overlooking the hall car park had now been cut and new sensor lights were being installed in the car park in the next week. It was recommended that parish councillors who regularly attend hall committee meetings should be enrolled as trustees, and Cllr Armstrong agreed to represent the parish council in that capacity.
Thursby school –. No report
138/11/19 – Planning applications: –
Received: – None
Decisions – HOU/2019/0202 – Erection of single-story Worksop/leisure room West Lodge, Thursby – full plans approved.
139/11/19 – Payment of accounts.
The council resolved to authorise approval for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £389.00
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £97.20
• Clerks expenses – £65
• Tivoli – £510.00
• Printer ink – £66.74
• Park Railings painted – £1240.00
• Railings between the garage and Greenwood close painted – £159.32
The council resolved to approve the financial statement as at 31st October 2019 and signed the accounts and accompanying bank statement.
141/11/19. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda:
Any additional agenda items to be with the clerk by Monday 9th November
Date of the next Parish Council meeting will be at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 17th December 2019 Thursby Parish Hall,