THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
The Annual Parish Council Meeting of Thursby Parish Council is to be held in the Parish Hall on Thursday 16th May 2019 from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
1. All councillors to sign the declaration office
2. To elect a chairman of the council – for the year 2019/20
3. To receive the chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office
4. To appoint a vice-chairman of the council – for the year 2019/20
5. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
6. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
7. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
8. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 16th April 2019.
9. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
10. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
11. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
12. How End Junction A595 – Following recent concerns re the safety of this junction, councillors to discuss further following the election of a new ward County Councillor.
13. Planted areas on the green – Councillors to discuss proposals for improvements to the landscaped areas on the green.
14. Parking at the school – Councillors to discuss the current availability of parking spaces at the school during the forthcoming building works.
15. Maintenance of parish assets – Councillors to look at a programme of repairs to parish councils’ assets following their walkabout of the parish
16. Risk assessment and insurance – to review the Councils risk assessment and insurance cover to establish whether there are any changes or new risks.
17. Councillors team structure – With the recent addition of new councillors consider reviewing councillors’ areas of responsibility.
18.Thursby green bus shelter upgrade – Update on the proposal from CCC
19. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
20. Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the CLP: –
Health and well being
• Sports and recreation update
• Highways issues
• Dog fouling / litter
• St Andrews view development report
• Parish Hall and Thursby School report
• Communication issues
22. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £378.80
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £94.80
• Clerks expenses – £
• Microsoft Office 365 – £59.99
• Printer Ink – £74.10
• Zurich Insurance – £487.53
Financial statement as at 30th April 2019 – approval of the Internal Auditors report and the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/19
24. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas.
Date of the next Parish council meeting 7.30pm Tuesday 18th June 2019 Thursby Parish Hall.