Thursby Parish Council
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
The next Parish Council Meeting of Thursby Parish Council to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday 19th February 2019 from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 15th January 2019.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Exclusion of the press and public – To consider whether any items on the agenda should be considered without the presence of press and public on the grounds of confidentiality.
7. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
8. Councillor vacancy’s – Councillors to consider any applications for the vacant positions.
9. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
10. Trees on the Paddocks play area – Councillors to look at the condition of the trees on parish council land at the Paddocks.
11. Thursby Green bus shelter – Councillors to consider the options for repairs to the bus shelter seat.
12. How End Junction A595 – Councillors to look at the safety of this junction
following comments raised at the last council meeting.
13. Allerdale speed limit review – councillors to consider the implications for Thursby Parish.
14. Maintenance of bus shelters and parish seats – councillors to consider their condition and appropriate actions.
15. Speed Indicator device (SID) – Following the recent revised guidance councillors to consider the future of the parish SID
16. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
17. Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the CLP: –
Health and well being
• Sports and recreation update
• St Andrews view development report
• Parish Hall and Thursby School report
• Broadband issues
Received: – HOU/2019/0012 – 55 Thornby Road, Micklethwaite – removal of existing conservatory and erection of new sun room and utility room extension.
Decisions – None
19. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £378.80
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £94.80
• Clerks expenses – £65.00
• Community led plan leaflets – £280.00
• Community Heartbeat Trust – £126.00
• Financial statement as at 31st January 2019.
• Decision to be reached on Sports and Recreation club additional contribution of £1,000 to support on-going running costs.
21. Councillors codes of conduct.
22. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas.
Date of the next Parish council meeting 7.30pm Tuesday 19th March 2019 Thursby Parish Hall.