THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
The next Parish Council Meeting of Thursby Parish Council to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday 20th November 2018 from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 16th October 2018.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Exclusion of the press and public – To consider whether any items on the agenda should be considered without the presence of press and public on the grounds of confidentiality.
7. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
8. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
9. Budget setting for 2019/20 – Councillors to approve the budget for the next financial year.
10. CALC training – Councillors to agree a new training date.
11. Nealhouse bus shelter- Concern raised regarding the floor step.
12. Park fence painting – Councillors to appoint a contractor to paint The Park fence.
13. CCC Highways speed review of Curthwaite Road and Low Road – Councillors are asked to comment on the proposal to change the speed limits at these locations.
14. Classroom extension Thursby School – Comments requested regarding the proposal.
15. Allerdale local plan (part 2): site allocations – Councillors are asked to respond to the pre-submission consultation.
16. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
17. Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the CLP: –
Health and well being
• Sports and recreation update
• St Andrews view development report
• Parish Hall and Thursby School report
• Broadband issues
• Social media policy (circulated)
19. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £378.80
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £94.80
• ISS Grass cutting – £1020.00
• ISS weed spraying – 336.00
• CHBT 999 facility – £52.00
• Clerks expenses – £92.00
Financial statement as at 31st October 2018
21. Councillors code of conduct – Councillors to review the existing councillors code of conduct under the 2011 Localism Act.
22. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas.
Date of the next Parish council meeting 7.30pm Tuesday 18th December 2018 Thursby Parish Hall.