THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
The next Parish Council Meeting of Thursby Parish Council to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday 19th June 2018 from 7.30 to 9.30pm.
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 15th May 2018.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
8. Gully’s – Review the progress on identifying the blocked gullies in the parish.
9. Dog fouling – Councillors to consider what further measures could be put in place.
10. A596 Highways issues meeting – councillors to receive feedback following joint parishes meeting.
11.Overhanging trees obstructing street lights – to discuss overhanging trees from specific private properties.
12. Nealhouse bus shelter – addition of seating to the shelter and grass cutting around it.
13. Councillor training – Councillors to discuss options for additional training by CALC
14. Low Road Layby closure – update from Cumbria Highways.
15. Change of use of Thursby garage – councillors to discuss the recent change of use
16. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
17. Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the CLP: –
Health and well being
• Sports and recreation update
• St Andrews view development report
• Parish Hall and Thursby School report
• Broadband issues
Variation of conditions 1,7,10 and 11 of approval 2/2015/0520 relating to enlarged parking and turning area to front, boundary and surface treatments and to create vehicular access from Westhaven – Ashley Rudd, Tower View, Thursby
Decision Notices: –
2/2018/0149 – Installation of replacement illuminated and non-illuminated signs – Ship Inn – split decision on the 25th My 2018 – The planning authority concluded that signs A, B, C, E, F, I and J are replacements signs that are considered acceptable and appropriate to their location and can be granted.
Signs D and G are considered to add unnecessary clutter to the listed building with the design, shapes and colour having a detrimental impact on the character and appearance of the listed building
19. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £359.10
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £89.80
• Clerks expenses – £65.00
• ISS Grass cutting – £510.00
• Play area inspection – £67.20
• Data protection (direct debit) – £40.00
• PWLB (direct debit) £1,706.28
Financial statement as at 31st May 2018
21. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
Date of the next Parish council meeting 7.30pm Tuesday 17th July Thursby Parish Hall.