THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
The Annual Parish Meeting of Thursby Parish Council to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday 15th May 2018 at 7.30pm
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
Thursby Parish Council meeting to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday
15th May 2018 from 7.30 – 9.30pm
1. To elect a chairman of the council – for the year 2018/19
2. To receive the chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office
3. To appoint a vice-chairman of the council – for the year 2018/19
4. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
5. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
6. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
7. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 17th April 2018.
8. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
9. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
10. Parish Councillor vacancy’s – Councillors to consider applications for the vacant councillor positions.
11. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
12. Footway lighting – Councillors to discuss level and standard of streetlighting in the parish.
13. Parking Matty Lonning – Councillors to discuss relevant parking issues.
14. The fence in front of The Park – Councillors to discuss the condition of the metal fence.
15. GDPR – Council to be updated on progress of implementation of new data protection regulations
16. Risk assessment and insurance – to review the Councils risk assessment and insurance cover to establish whether there are any changes or new risks.
17. Policy documents
A resolution of the council is requested to adopt the following governance documents
• Revised Standing Orders 2018
• Asset register
18. Councillor training – Councillors to discuss options for additional training by CALC
19. Community plan – Councillors to consider the final draft copy of the plan and discuss its publication.
20. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
21. Progress reports for information reflecting the priorities of the CLP: –
Health and well being
• Sports and recreation update
• St Andrews view development report
• Parish Hall and Thursby School report
• Broadband issues
Decision Notices: – HOU/2018/0047 – Conversion of existing detached bungalow to detached dwellinghouse, 45 Stonehouse Park, Thursby, Carlisle – Full plans refused on 19.4.18
23. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
• Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £359.10
• PAYE – (Standing Order) – £89.80
• Clerks expenses – £
• PLG accountants – £50.00
• ISS – £510
• Microsoft 365- £59.99
• Zurich Insurance – £461.49
Financial statement as at 30th April 2018 – approval of the Internal Auditors report and the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2017/18
25. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
Date of the next Parish Council meeting 7.30pm Tuesday 19th June Thursby Parish Hall.