THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Clerk to Thursby Parish Council
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 19th September 2017.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
8. Community speed watch scheme update – Following circulation of revised training dates, councillors to agree a date for the training, and decide on numbers of participants.
9. Grass cutting contract – Councillors to consider a revised grass cutting contract for years 2018 – 20
10. Gully identification – Councillors to identify drain gullies on a map of the parish supplied by Cllr Fairbairn, for forwarding to CCC.
11. Additional street signage – Ideas for further parish signage to be discussed by the council.
12. Councillor training – Consideration of further parish councillors training.
13. Police attendance at meetings – Discussion around whether there should be better attendance at council meetings by the police.
14. Thursby sewage outlet – Councillors to discuss the recent discharge of sewage into Matty Beck.
15. Traffic Regulation Order review – Low Whinnow Lay-by, A596 – Comments by councillors regarding changes to the Traffic Regulation Order at this location.
16. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
17. Progress reports for information: –
- Community led plan.
- St Andrews View development.
- Parish Hall
- Thursby School
Received: – 2/2017/0488 – The erection of a steel portal framed building to cover existing yard – Parton Hall, Parton, Wigton
Decision Notices: –
19. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £359.10
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £89.80
- ISS – £468.46
- Clerks expenses – £
- Thursby Throstle – £480
- Sports and Recreation – £500
- St Andrews PCC – £400
- Crofton Social Club – £170
- Great North Air Ambulance – £50
- Citizens advice – £50
- Thursby mother and toddle group – £350
- Royal British Legion – £50
Financial statement as at 30th September 2017
21. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 21st November 2017 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm