THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Thursby Parish Council Agenda
7.30 pm 20th June 2017
Thursby Parish Hall
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 16th May 2017.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. County Council and Borough Councillors reports – For information.
8. Community speed watch – Cllrs to consider the setting up of a community speed watch scheme.
9. Low Whinnow lay-by – Cllrs to decide what actions to take regarding the illegal parking at this location.
10. Thursby Village signs – Cllrs to discuss any further action to take re the recent signage.
11. Superfast broadband digital inclusion event – Cllrs to consider a request from Connecting Cumbria to hold an event in Thursby.
12. Nealhouse bus shelter – Feedback to councillors following the site inspection by Cumbria County Council and Connect Roads.
13. Trees and vegetation, Matty beck – Cllrs to discuss the condition of Matty Beck.
14. Communication – Cllrs to consider how the council could access different forms of communication methods.
15. Clerks report on actions taken not otherwise covered on the agenda.
16. Progress reports for information: –
- Community led plan.
- St Andrews View development.
- Parish Hall
- Thursby School
Received: – None
Decision Notices: – 2/2017/0169 – Application for consent to display a directional sign advertisement, Old Stable Block, Crofton Hall. Full plans approved.
18. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
- Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £346.27
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £86.60
- Clerks expenses – £100.52
- Cumberland Paving and Fencing – £975
- ISS – £468.46
- Mally Douglas – £3,120.00
- Zurich Insurance – £439.34
- Hire of Parish Hall for CLP meetings – £81.00
Financial statement as at 31st May 2017
20. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 18th July 2017 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm