THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Thursby Annual Parish Council meeting to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday
16th May 2017 from 7.30 – 9.30pm
1. To elect a chairman of the council – for the year 2017/18
2. To receive the chairman’s declaration of acceptance of office
3. To appoint a vice-chairman of the council – for the year 2017/18
4. To agree to form any committees.
5. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
6. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
7. Dispensations – The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
8. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 18th April 2017.
9. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
10. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
11. Reports from: –
Cumbria County Council issues – Cllr Fairbairn
Allerdale Borough Council issues – Cllr Macdonald
Cumbria Constabulary – Police representative
12. Low Whinnow lay-by – Reports from actions from the previous meeting.
13. Defibrillator signage – Councillors to consider the purchase of approved signs by the County Council.
14. A596 Wood lorry movements – Councillors to consider the letter from Aspatria Town Council.
15. Thursby village signs – Councillors to review the recent installation of village signs.
16. St Andrews View – Development update
17. Community Led Plan – Update report
18. Other reports: –
- Clerks report – update on activity – correspondence
- Thursby Parish Hall – Cllr Peerless
- Thursby School – Cllr Peerless
19. Planning applications Received: –
Planning Decision Notices – 2/2017/0031 – Story Homes application for variation of condition 2 on application 2/2016/0070. Revision to house types, road hierarchy and surfacing and footways to plots facing Low Lane. Full plans approved
20. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: –
- Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £346.27
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £86.60
- Clerks expenses – £
- ISS – £936.92 (2 months grass cutting)
- PLG Accountants – £40
- CALC – Annual subscription – £213.28
- Repairs to SID – £180.74
Financial statement as at 30th April 2017
22. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
Date of next meeting Tuesday 20th June 2017 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm