THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Thursby Parish Council meeting to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday
18th April 2017 from 7.30 – 9.30pm
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations - The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 21st March 2017.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements.
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. Reports from: -
Cumbria County Council issues – Cllr Fairbairn
Allerdale Borough Council issues – Cllr Macdonald
Cumbria Constabulary – Police representative
8. Low Whinnow lay-by A596 and Low Road lay-byes – councillors to consider any follow up actions since the last meeting.
9. Use of the Jubilee field – following several enquiries by resident’s councillors to discuss how the field will be used.
10. Defibrillator signs – following installation of the defibrillator, councillor’s views on additional village signage.
11. St Andrews View development – Progress report
12. Community Plan update – Cllr Bowe to update the council on progress to date.
13. Agricultural traffic on Curthwaite road – damage to verges, driver behaviour and excessive speeds.
14. Streetlighting on Curthwaite Road – councillors to discuss options for how this could be improved following several complaints from residents.
15. Speed Indication Device – councillors to be updated as to the cost of repair to the device.
16. Village green footpath and installation of new street signs – update on the progress of these works.
17. Councillors responsibilities and communication – Councillors to agree individual areas of responsibilities, communication methods and how councillor contact details should be published.
8. Other reports: -
- Clerks report – update on activity – correspondence
- Thursby Parish Hall – Cllr Peerless
- Broadband – Cllr Bowe
- Thursby School – Cllr Peerless
19. Planning applications Received: –
2/2017/0135 – Story Homes proposed change of use of land to accommodate a proposed pumping station and footpath link.
2/2106/0179 – J Swainson, How End Farm – re-submission of application to erect a slurry tower.
2/2017/0169 – M and S Cowan, Old Stable Block, Crofton – application for consent to display directional sign advertisement.
|Planning decision notices - none|
20. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: -
Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £346.27
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £86.60
- Clerks expenses –£78.50
- Street signs – £2,661.22
- Microsoft 365 application – £59.99
- PLG Accountants Ltd – £40.00
- CALC payment for councillors training – £170.00
Financial statement as at 31st March 2017 and the annual return submission.
22. Governance and Accountability for Smaller Authorities in England 2017 Edition – councillors to adopt changes to sections 1-5
23. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
24. Date of next meeting Tuesday 16th May 2017 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm