Thursby Parish Council meeting to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday
17th January 2016 from 7.30 – 9.30pm
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations - The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 13th December 2016.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. Reports from: -
Cumbria County Council issues – Cllr Fairbairn
Allerdale Borough Council issues – Cllr Macdonald
Cumbria Constabulary – Police representative
8. Gully cleaning – Identification of gully’s not cleaned in the recent cleaning programme.
9. St Andrews view development – Progress report
10. Parish Pride – Suggestions for improvements to the parish.
11. Community Plan update – Cllr Bowe to update the council on progress to date.
12. British Heart Foundation bid for defibrillator – Update report.
13. Village Gala – Decision on the 2017 gala
14. Mobile phone coverage in Thursby village – to identify black spot areas and consider options.
15. Allerdale Budget consultation – Councillors to consider the proposed budget for 2017/18
16. Councillors responsibilities/ training and communication – Councillors to agree training requirements, individual areas of responsibilities, and communication methods.
17. Footpath across the green and dropped kerbs at either end – Councillors to discuss the need and possible options for carrying this work out.
18. Home Group estate and condition of garages – Councillors to discuss a number of issue relating to the estate.
19. Speed Indicator Device – Acknowledge the new guidelines for deployment and to consider the purchase of a new battery
20. Buckingham Palace garden party nominations.
21. Other reports: -
- Clerks report – update on activity – correspondence
- Thursby Parish Hall – Cllr Peerless
- Broadband – Cllr Bowe
- Thursby School – Cllr Peerless
22. Planning applications Received: –
HOU/2016/0078 – Proposed first floor side extensions and alterations 68 East Park, Crofton.
23. Planning Decision Notices: –
2/2016/0684 – Demolition of dwelling and conversion of existing barn to dwelling with new extension – Glen Holme, Thursby. – no objections.
HOU/2016/0061 – First floor extension over existing sun room Location- 9 The Paddocks, Thursby – no objections
24. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: -
- Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £346.27
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £86.60
- Clerks expenses – £78.50
- Community Heartbeat Trust – £776.00
- PWLB – £1745.79
Financial statement as at 31st December 2016
26. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
2 7. Date of next meeting Tuesday 21st February 2017 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm