THURSBY PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Jeff Downham,
Thursby Parish Council meeting to be held in Thursby Parish Hall on Tuesday
20th September 2016 from 7.30 – 9.30pm
1. Apologies – Clerk to receive and note apologies for absence.
2. Declarations of Interest – Clerk to receive declarations by elected and co-opted members of interests in respect of items on the agenda.
3. Dispensations - The clerk to report any requests received since the previous meeting for dispensations to speak and/ vote on any matter where a member has a disclosable pecuniary interest.
4. Minutes of previous meeting – Councillors are requested to authorise the Chair to sign the minutes as a true record of the meeting held on Tuesday 19th July 2016.
5. Chairs announcements – To receive any announcements
6. Public Participation – The chairman will adjourn the meeting to allow members of the public an opportunity to ask questions or raise matters of interest.
7. Reports from: -
Cumbria County Council issues – Cllr Fairbairn
Allerdale Borough Council issues – Cllr Macdonald
Cumbria Constabulary – Police representative
8. Grant applications – Councillors to consider the grants applications.
9. Condition of notice boards – Councillors to consider the condition of the three parish notice boards.
10. Community Plan update – Cllr Bowe to update the council on progress to date.
11. Overhanging branches obstructing footpaths – To consider what action the council should take to address this.
12. British Heart Foundation bid for defibrillator – Councillors to consider options for the siting and management of a defibrillator following the successful bid to the BHF.
13. Dropped kerb at bus stop in village – Councillors to consider a suggestion to put in a dropped kerb at the bus stop in Thursby village and directly opposite it, and to look at the condition of the footpath over the green.
14. Annual audit report – Councillors to acknowledge and accept the findings of the annual auditor’s report.
15. Dog bag dispenser review – Councillors to review the decision on whether to continue to purchase dog bags for the dispenser.
16. Other reports: -
- Clerks report – update on activity – correspondence
- Thursby Parish Hall – Cllr Peerless
- Broadband – Cllr Bowe
- Thursby School – Cllr Peerless
17. Planning applications Received: –
2/2016/0432 – Listed building consent for construction of sun room The Old Vicarage, Church lane. (Retrospective application).
2/2016/0391 – Erection of a slurry tower How End Farm, How End, Thursby (Retrospective application) – approved
2/2016/0514 – Single story rear extension 5 The Paddocks, Thursby (Retrospective application) – approved
2/2016/0561 – retrospective application for erection of decking and boundary fence – 53 The Paddocks
PB/2016/0002 – Removal of public payphone Micklethwaite.
18. Planning Decision Notices: – none
19. Story development (St Andrews View) – Councillors are asked to consider: -
- Dundraw Lane, Brisco Avenue, Crofton Place and Whinnow Close as street names for the new estate.
- Requirements of the 106 agreement.
- Other issues associated with the development.
20. Payments of Accounts
Authorisation required for the following payments: -
Clerk’s salary – (Standing Order) – £346.27
- PAYE – (Standing Order) – £86.60
- Clerks expenses – £
- ISS – July and August payments plus payment for weed killing – £1,278.92
- BDO annual return – £240.00
- Milestones restoration – £100.00
- British Heart Foundation – £400.00
Financial statement as at 31st August 2016
22. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
23. Date of next meeting Tuesday 18th October 2016 Thursby Parish Hall 7.30pm