Thursby School News – November 2011.
Christmas Term is always one of the busiest of the year.
- On 11th November Class 4 visited St. Andrew’s Church, Thursby, Thursby Methodist Church, Carlisle Cathedral and Carlisle’s mosque as part of their R.E. topic on special places of worship. Our Sports’ Captains: Niall Reddan, Kyle Hall and Tom Nicholson have completed a ‘Young Leaders’ course at Caldew School. They will be leading games in the playground at playtimes with younger pupils in the spring term.
- Class 3 took part in a hockey festival at Caldew School along with other schools from the consortium.
- The photographer has been in school to take individual photos of the pupils.
- The School underwent its 3-yearly Health and Safety audit and passed with flying colours.
- The mobile library van visited last week and 37 Christmas Shoe boxes were collected by Operation Christmas charity.
- Preparations are well underway for the Christmas Fayre taking place on Thursday 24th November at 6pm.
- Our carol concert takes place on the last afternoon of the term, 16th December at 1.30pm. Anyone is welcome to join us at this assembly.
- Our production of ‘Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’ takes place on Thursday 8th and Friday 9th December. Rehearsals are in full swing.
- On Monday 12th December Classes 1 and 2 will visit Upfront Puppet theatre to watch a performance of ‘Stanelli’s Super Circus’ and in January Classes 3 and 4 will visit The Theatre by The Lake for a performance of ‘The Firework Maker’s Daughter’.
- Pupils are also looking forward to two of their favourite events – Christmas Parties and disco and Christmas Dinner held respectively on 13th and 15th December.
Everyone at Thursby School sends very best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.